The Sacred Pipe Resource Center is a Native-based non-profit serving the American Indian population in the Bismarck-Mandan area. We are very proud to be a responsive organization that has been able to respond quickly to the needs of the American Indian community. We focus on opportunities to support the Native community in engaging in the community around them.
Our philosophy is to create civic and community engagement opportunities for American Indian individuals, families, and youth—in order to create a voice for positive change.
In 2021 we concentrated on events and opportunities to promote civic engagement, support long-term problem-solving, utilize the arts and community to help heal and recover from the pandemic, and build the leadership capacity in our community:
- We held civic engagement events for community members to learn about redistricting, the mid-term elections, local government structures, community organizing, housing issues, financial awareness, and the new ND ethics commission.
- We hold weekly Community Council meetings to support long-term change and collaborative partnerships.
- We held “Reclaiming Our Community” events that brought Native people together in safe spaces for holidays and traditional events.
- We hosted our Leave the Couch project to help Native youth engage and learn about cultural understandings while getting fit and healthy.
- We continued to help our community recover from the pandemic.
We are asking for your help to support and further this connection work.
While we do see more participation by Native community members, we realize that simple barriers sometimes inhibit involvement. These are the occasional financial and institutional barriers that may create crisis for community members—may even snowball to becoming detrimental—and that have been exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
During our six years of doing this work, we have seen how simple assistance can help support connection and engagement. This is the impetus for helping us create a funding stream with more flexibility than our usual grant projects.
The SPRC Wawokiye Oyate (Helping Nation) is a critical group of generous helpers who can support the efforts of American Indian community members to become engaged. We are inviting you to becoming a member of the Wawokiye Oyate by making a donation to help SPRC sustain our efforts.
SPRC has a strong record of being a good steward of resources and will administer these funds to the best of our ability. We believe in full transparency and will support your inquiries at whatever level is comfortable to you.
Thank you so much for your consideration of joining our Wawokiye Oyate. If you would like to visit further about any of our initiatives, please feel free to get in touch!
Cheryl Ann Kary, Ph.D.
I would like to give a financial contribution:
If you would like to donate money to SPRC, you can use our secure Donation button below. All credit cards are processed via PayPal (PayPal account not required).
If you prefer, you may mail in your check payable to Sacred Pipe Resource Center, to:Sacred Pipe Resource Center
400 W. Main Street
Mandan, ND 58554
If you would like to make a cash donation, please call our office at 701-663-3886.