CHANGE THE WORLD!
The election is over. The work is just beginning.
SPRC is seeking American Indian people from the Bismarck-Mandan-Lincoln community to serve on one of four (4) Community Councils to address local issues: Law and Order, Housing & Homelessness, Civic Engagement, and Native Youth. We’d like to have 6-10 people on each Council. Community Council members must commit to serve a one-year term.
Community Council members must:
- Meet at least every other week to discuss the issues and participate in learning activities;
- Become subject-matter experts in the local challenges and issues;
- Commit to an individualized plan for learning and awareness;
- Provide on-going Native community engagement;
- Participate in a group project pertaining to an identified need based on data.
Community Council members will:
- Receive a regular monthly stipend for participation;
- Manage an expense account for materials needed for individualized learning and projects;
- Be provided lunch for regular meetings.